Bursary - Saskatoon Chapter
Board approved: February, 2016
The purpose of the AFP Saskatoon Chapter Professional development Bursary is to promote and enhance the professional development of fund development professionals in our area by helping offset the cost associated with attending AFP courses, including CFRE and Basics of Fundraising training; conferences, and workshops. Consideration will also be given to non-AFP sponsored events and conferences provided the applicant provides a rationale of the benefit to their professional development in fundraising. Preference will be given to AFP-Sponsored events and conferences.
The AFP Saskatoon Chapter Professional Development Bursary will provide up to $1,000 towards the cost of registration fees and travel expenses.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of AFP Saskatoon Chapter for at least 3 months prior to submission.
- The applicant must submit application 60 days (if possible) prior to the event.
- The applicant must be employed as a fundraising professional and/or have a position that requires at least 50% of their time to be spent on fundraising activities.
- The applicant may not have received the bursary in the previous 12 months.
- The applicant agrees to provide the AFP Saskatoon Chapter Board a written short testimonial/ report about their experience within 30 days after the conclusion of the event that may be used on our website or in written materials.
Applications must be submitted by email to:
Bursary Recipient Testimonies:
“As a new executive director, my learning curve was exciting yet steep. My membership with the AFP Saskatoon Chapter has proven to be worth its weight in gold. The resources, the contacts and learning opportunities continue to be relevant, on point and abundant. I have truly appreciated the comradeship extended to me in my new position in Prince Albert and have learned much from the valuable sharing of best practices. As I prepare for writing my CFRE exam, receiving the AFP Saskatoon bursary provided me the valuable opportunity to acquire the high level and in-depth knowledge directly from other professionals in the industry."
"I am truly grateful to the AFP Saskatoon Chapter for offering me the bursary to attend a conference in international advancement in February 2017.
The faculties were all outstanding and I had a lot of takeaways, both personal and professional, from each session, whether from their personal stories or valuable tips on the best practical strategies for international fundraising, alumni engagement and community building.
I have met several experienced and inspiring people and peers and was delighted to share our experience and stories and learn from each other.
After the 3-day conference, I am more encouraged to conduct the strategic and sustainable techniques, which help increase the effectiveness of our international engagement and development programs at the University of Saskatchewan.
Thank you, AFP Saskatoon Chapter, for this incredible bursary, which helped me a lot while pursuing my career in fundraising, especially in international advancement work."