Fund Development and Events CoordinatorCompany: Children's Discovery Museum
Date Posted: April 18, 2017
PotashCorp children’s museum (CDM) is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic fund development professional to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of all fund development efforts. The work involves a variety of duties including: donor relations, donor communications, corporate sponsorship, grant writing, and event management. You will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, staff, and key volunteer leadership to achieve the goals of the organization. The full information package for this position is available at www.museumforkids.sk.ca.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements for this position include post secondary education, preferably in public relations, communications, marketing or non-profit studies. A Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset. Relevant work experience with 2-3 years demonstrated skills in fund development, event planning and volunteer development. Experience with Raisers Edge database is preferred.
Requirements of the position:
- Proven success leading fundraising efforts to achieve revenue objectives
- Proven track record in inspiring confidence in donors, funders, and partners
- Proven track record of cultivating, maintaining and engaging donors and stakeholders
- Articulate and confident verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of fund development, marketing techniques, strategies and systems
- Effective and accurate written communication skills
- Strong credibility and good judgment
- Excellent planning, organizational, computer and leadership skills
- Irregular work hours including evening meetings and weekend events
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure successful identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, service clubs and foundations
- Generate revenue through managing the following programs: annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, corporate sponsorship, and writing of grants
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of fundraising events to increase awareness, cultivate donors, and generate funds
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Coordinator to coordinate both internal and external communications and marketing strategies to support fund development initiatives and programs
- Manage a timely and appropriate donor recognition process
- Oversee the donor database, and ensure privacy and confidentiality of information
- Support of ongoing administrative tasks and ensure all donor records are well managed
Status: Full Time Permanent
Close Date: May 5, 2017
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on the PotashCorp children’s museum, including our current Business Plan, please visit our website at www.museumforkids.sk.ca.
We thank all the candidates for their interest. Only individuals selected will be contacted. Thank you.