Philanthropic Advisor and Manager of DevelopmentCompany: Saskatoon Community Foundation
Date Posted: June 6, 2017
The Saskatoon Community Foundation (SCF) is undergoing organizational renewal and developing a new strategic plan for 2017 and beyond. This renewal process will shift the Foundation towards enhanced community and donor engagement, a more proactive and progressive business model and a shift to a development culture.
The Philanthropic Advisor and Manager of Development, reporting to the Executive Director, will have a vital role in driving asset growth. You will lead the development and execution of the overall business development plan under the new strategic direction. Through philanthropic advisory services proactively delivered to range of audiences, you will cultivate new relationships with prospective donors and allied professionals.
Working in a small office with other dedicated, community-minded professionals, this role is best designed for an adaptable, as well as relationship sales oriented, individual. You thrive on moving a small organization forward in a collaborative way and you easily adapt to constraints of a charity though a creative approach. You also embrace the challenge of a changing environment in the pursuit of building a healthy community through community philanthropy.
- Provide strategic input to overall Strategic Business Plan to achieve the fund development, donor stewardship and engagement goals.
- Lead the shift to a development culture through the development and implementation of giving programs, philanthropic initiatives, project specific giving, legacy /planned giving, endowment, and major gifts.
- Research, identify and cultivating prospective donors and partnerships and adopting best practices for donor engagement, relationship building, and stewardship of current major donors.
- Your mandate is to attract large permanent endowment funds as well as drive asset growth through other charitable giving options and programs.
- Develop, implement and monitor development plans (research/identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major or legacy gifts) ensuring targeted and prioritized segmentation strategies.
Review and maintain targets for future asset development as set out by the Board and the Asset Committee.
- Develop and refine tactics for achieving the targets in key market segments. (individuals, wealth advisors, estate lawyers, accountants, women, corporations, foundations).
- Presentations and advisory services support for the allied professionals’ community and relevant professional associations to optimize the foundation’s value proposition.
- Lead all stages of the gift cycle.
Work closely with donor relations/support area to ensure positive donor experience and efficient administration supporting donor journey at SCF and to ensure a well-developed hand-off process to donor services.
Ensure all technologies and tools are meeting needs of organization to achieve goals.
- Participate in other SCF initiatives as required and as needed to increase awareness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post secondary degree or certificate in business or similar
- 7 plus years of relevant work experience that can include major donor gifts, planned giving (wills and estates), wealth management /insurance and/or business development.
- Knowledge of charitable giving legal and tax framework
- Experience in constructing and executing philanthropic giving/endowment campaigns
- Strong in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with CRM systems and/or donor management software
- Valid driver’s licence and use of personal vehicle as occasional travel will be required
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- A trustworthy self-starter with ability to make presentations, conduct prospecting calls, close major gift sales
- Excellent verbal communication and strong writing skills
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills with ability to interact with respect and confidentiality with others from variety of backgrounds
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Able to set and achieve measurable goals, and meet deadlines
- Must be critical thinker and display ongoing attention to detail adhering to excellent documentation protocol (project plans, reports, debrief documents)
- High energy, positivity, enthusiasm, a strong work ethic
To apply, contact Essence Recruitment attention Nicole Sebastian by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until June 16, 2017.