Event & Fund Development Associate, SaskatchewanCompany: Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Date Posted: June 15, 2017
Event and Fund Development Associate, Saskatchewan
Full-time continuing position
Saskatoon, SK or Regina, SK (Work from home)
Posting Date: June 15, 2017
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
- Looking to make the most out of your event management & fundraising skills?
- Passionate about helping others and seeking to make a difference for an amazing cause?
- Seeking a role that encourages you to make unique and inventive contributions in?
- Wanting to work in a caring and collegial work environment?
If so, we would love to hear from you. The Cystic Fibrosis Canada Prairies team is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated event and fund development professional to help us bring our regional event and fund development initiatives to the next level!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada offers a caring and collegial work environment, comprehensive benefits, an employee discount program, as well as flexible work hours.
The Event & Fund Development Associate is responsible for working with Regional Staff and Chapter volunteers, provides leadership in the planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of all the Prairie Region’s fundraising events, and developing and growing community partnerships.
- Support/oversee Regional fundraising, social and special events with a goal of increased revenue;
- Support Regional Executive Director in identifying areas of growth/opportunity in events;
- Provide leadership and support in the development and growth of new and existing Third Party Events;
- Respond to enquiries from the public about events, including assisting with media requests;
- Work with Regional Executive Director to solicit and secure sponsors for the Walk, and other chapter/regional events;
- Work alongside committee Chairs, co-facilitate various event related committees;
- Work with the Regional Executive Director on stewardship and cultivation events to ensure seamless transition between fundraising events and stewardship activities;
- Develop an accurate and complete record keeping system for all events including suppliers, revenues, expenses, photo and video records.
- Assist with event communications, media and networking activities, and develop new opportunities to build community awareness in conjunction with the Regional team;
- Provide content submissions for the Regional newsletter Prairie Post;
- Assist Prairie Region staff with the development of media, marketing materials, announcements, photo opportunities;
- Assist in guiding Chapter volunteers and employees to ensure compliance with organizational branding guidelines and, publicity and promotion activities;
- Assist with Chapter social media posts.
- Provide support and guidance to the Walk committees throughout the Region;
- Provide volunteer coordination and recognition for events as required;
- Facilitate volunteer committees as required;
- Recruit volunteers for regional and chapter events and activities as needed.
- Support relationships with National Partners (Kin Canada, Advocis, Carstar);
- Assist with cultivating current partnerships and support Regional Executive Director in identifying areas of growth/opportunity within partnerships;
- Work with Regional Executive Director to solicit and cultivate relationships with new partners.
- Ensure donor information, event invitations and participant lists are entered and maintained in databases;
- Provide timely background materials, chapter updates, and/or briefing notes as may be required by the Regional Executive Director, and/or other employees or senior volunteers;
- Perform such other functions in support of the organizations work as may be assigned by the Regional Executive Director.
- As assigned by Regional Executive Director, Prairies.
- Post-secondary education in related field;
- Minimum two years of relevant experience working with events, volunteers and employees in a non-profit environment;
- The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational and creative thinking skills; media relations experience is an asset;
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, is required; knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), website content management and social media is preferred;
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention to detail is imperative;
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations;
- Ability and willingness to work from home;
- Flexibility and willingness to work flexible hours (including evening and weekend hours);
- Must possess a valid driving license and a vehicle in good condition.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Associate, Events & Fund Development, Saskatchewan” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations. *No phone calls please.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit http://www.cysticfibrosis.ca/.