Fund Development ManagerCompany: Prairie Spirit Schools Foundation
Date Posted: June 15, 2017
The Prairie Spirit Schools Foundation is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic fund development professional to join our organization. This position reports to the Foundation Board, but works independently under a contract approved by the Foundation Board. You will be the face of the Foundation and will be responsible for the leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of all fund development efforts and Foundation operations. You must thrive on moving a small organization forward, easily adapting to the constraints of a charity through a creative approach and embracing the challenge of a changing environment in the pursuit of innovation in public education through community philanthropy.
The scope of this work covers a variety of duties including: donor relations, communications, corporate sponsorship, event management, and day-to-day oversight of Foundation operations. Our office is located in Warman and will require regular travel to Warman and other communities in the Prairie Spirit School Division.
Education and Qualifications
- Post secondary education, preferably in public relations, marketing, non-profit or business.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience, with demonstrated skills in fund development, event planning, and organizational leadership.
- A Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Requirements of the position:
- Trustworthy, adhering to high ethical standards in fundraising and the delivery of exceptional donor stewardship
- Self starter with the ability to “close the deal”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success leading fundraising efforts to achieve objectives
- Proven track record of cultivating and engaging donors and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of fund development, marketing techniques, strategies and systems
- Strong business acumen
- Experience with media relations
- Experience supervising support staff
- Strong credibility and good judgment
- Excellent planning, organizational, computer and leadership skills
- Able to set and achieve measurable goals and meet deadlines
- Life long learner
- Strong work ethic
- Valid driver’s licence and use of personal vehicle as travel will be required
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure successful identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, and other business partners, with a strong focus on those within the Prairie Spirit School Division
- Generate revenue through managing the following programs: annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, and corporate sponsorships
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of fundraising events to increase awareness, cultivate donors and generate funds
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for both internal and external stakeholders to support fund development initiatives and programs
- Development and oversight of appropriate fund management for donations received
- Lead all stages of the gift cycle
- Oversee the donor database and ensure privacy and confidentiality of information
- Support of ongoing administrative tasks and ensure all donor records are well managed
- Development and oversight of operational budget and recordkeeping
Status: Contract position
Location: Warman, SK
Close Date: June 25, 2017
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted