Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Community Engagement PhilanthropyCompany: Canadian Red Cross
Date Posted: June 30, 2017
Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Community Engagement Philanthropy
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Regina, SK
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Community Engagement in the Philanthropy department. Reporting dually into the Vice President, Saskatchewan and the Director, Community Engagement, this position will work as a member of the national philanthropy team and support the implementation of integrated corporate partnerships that meets annual revenue requirements. The incumbent will manage existing partnerships and actively pursue new corporate partners for core Red Cross program support.
- Manages existing portfolio of corporate partners and develops pipeline of new corporate prospects with capacity to give at the $10,000 + level.
- Establishes and implements cultivation, solicitation and stewardship “moves management” strategies to maximize donation and sponsorship revenue.
- Works with the marketing team, develops and delivers compelling custom proposals to corporate partners.
- Conducts prospect research, identification and qualification, as well as maintains current knowledge of development trends (sponsorship, licensing, cause marketing and gift in-kind).
- Supports senior-level leadership volunteers, specifically the Red Gala cabinet, in ensuring they are supported to make sponsorship ask within their networks.
- Works with Manager, Corporate and Community Engagement, supports community-based events in the Regina market including third-party events and Walmart campaign.
- Account manages corporate donor relationships held by the VP, Saskatchewan, including donor strategy conversations, preparation for donor calls, proposal development, and donor follow up.
- Supports other team members with corporate portfolios by participating in formal and informal strategy and approach conversations.
- Acts as Provincial Lead for philanthropy during appeals, collaborating with other functions such as Disaster Management and Communications.
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this role are a university degree or college diploma in business administration, marketing or fundraising management with five or more years of job-related experience in sales, sponsorship, marketing, business development and/or major gift fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interpersonal and organizational acuity
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Strategic mindedness with operational excellence
- A proven track record of success in a quota-based sales or fund development environment
- A valid provincial Class 5 driver’s license
- First Aid Certification or willingness to take training
- CFRE designation preferred or in progress
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers
- Experience working with the Raiser’s Edge system
- Travel throughout the province is a regular part of the role. Occasional overnight travel throughout the province or country.
- Working non-traditional hours to meet the needs of the organization during times of a disaster response and/or appeal.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
Interested parties may submit their cover letter and resume clicking here, no later than July 12, 2017.
The Canadian Red Cross is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.