Executive DirectorCompany: Saskatoon Public Schools Foundation
Date Posted: August 22, 2017
Who we are
The Saskatoon Public Schools Foundation (SPSF) is a non-profit organization established in 2008 to invest and enrich educational opportunities for students attending Saskatoon Public Schools. We have recently formed a newly charted Strategic Plan for 2017-2020 inspiring us to be bold with our goals and initiatives - one of which will be to launch a multi-million dollar campaign. With a focus on results, we are excited about the future and the impact we will have on the students of Saskatoon Public Schools and our community. Saskatoon Public Schools is the largest school division in the province. It operates 49 elementary schools, 10 secondary schools, two associate schools and one alliance school. It serves approximately 25,000 students and employs more than 2,400 professional and support staff.
We are a dynamic, innovative and community-minded organization offering a workplace that is flexible, creative and open to new ideas. We make a difference in the lives of our youth and our community. This is an opportunity for a leader who thrives in reaching out and collaborating with donors, volunteers, educators, business leaders, parents and others in mobilizing resources and is a passionate champion of enhancing student learning and education. They are comfortable in both business and large public organizational environments and have an action-oriented 'entrepreneurial spirit'.
We are absolutely confident with the right person and the support of our community, we will reach our goals and make a lasting impact on our youth.
Our Values Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion
Our Strategic Priorities Literacy, Healthy Active Schools, Empowering Innovation
Overview of Position
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is a visionary thinker and strategic implementer who provides leadership and management on the organizational plan delivering tangible results; ensures due diligence and oversight of the non-profit organizational processes and administration; and builds and grows key relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. One of the position's top key priorities over the next few years will be developing, promoting, and administering a multi-million dollar fundraising activities/campaign.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Is highly aware of leading practices and trends in fundraising, and has a strong experience base in planning, developing and implementing successful campaigns and related activities.
- Completion of a post- secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Education, Marketing, Public Relations, etc.) or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Experience working directly with Boards with a preference of someone who has worked in a senior level position of a non-profit organization, with the awareness of non-profit management principles, governance, programming, finance, and administration.
- Possesses strong business and community networks and a solid understanding of the education system
- Excellent interpersonal relations, communications and supervisory/leadership skills
- A strong understanding of public relations and engagement strategies, including political awareness and astuteness
Fundraising and Marketing Ledership and Personal Effectiveness
Results and Solution Focused Resource Management
Interpersonal and Relationship Building Visioning and Planning
Communications Skills Problem Solving and Decisive insight
Organizational and Environmental Awareness Strategic Thinking and Visioning
Innovation & Creative Thinking
Please visit our website at www.saskatoonpublicschools.ca and click on the Work for SPS tab for full details on how to apply for this exciting and challenging position or contact Zeba Ahmad at email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 8, 2017