Fund Development Manager (Half-Time Contract)Company: Bethany Manor
Date Posted: October 26, 2017
Who We Are:
- Saskatoon Mennonite Care Services Inc. owns and operates Bethany Manor, a thriving community for nearly 400, age fifty-five plus, residents.
- Our Mission: Providing residents with safe, affordable housing and an enriched quality of life through programs and services.
- Our Values: Safety, Relationship, Stewardship, Quality of Life.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure successful identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, service organizations and charitable foundations
- Generate revenue through managing the following programs: annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, corporate gifts and sponsorship, and grant writing
- Plan, develop and implement successful fundraising campaigns and related activities
- Coordinate internal and external communications and marketing strategies to support fund development initiatives and programs
- Manage a timely and appropriate donor recognition process
- Develop and oversee the donor and volunteer database, and ensure donor information privacy and confidentiality
- Oversee fundraising administrative tasks and ensure donor records are well managed
- Manage and attend donor events
- Work in collaboration with the management team to develop annual work plans and budgets to ensure annual targets are met
- Provide regular Board fund development education, motivation and support
- Prepare timely reports and presentations as required
- Develop and maintain a volunteer base to support fund development activities and programs
- Ensure compliance with CRA and other applicable regulations and guidelines
- Ensure all fund development work meets professional and ethical fundraising standards
- Understanding and supportive of the Anabaptist faith
Education & Experience:
- Post secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing, non-profit studies or a related field
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience in a fundraising environment including developing, implementing and managing fundraising programs
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal relations, communications and supervisory/leadership skills
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Proven success leading fundraising efforts to achieve objectives
- Solid understanding of fund development, strategies and systems
- Strong awareness and understanding of charitable legislation, regulations and accepted practices
- Experience with grant and proposal writing
- Experience working directly with boards and awareness of non-profit management principles, governance, programming, finance and administration
The Fund Development Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Please send cover letter, resume and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Bethany Manor, Attention: Executive Director, 110 La Ronge Road, Saskatoon SK S7K 7H8.
Application deadline is November 26, 2017.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.