Manager of Donor ServicesCompany: Great Plains College
Date Posted: May 3, 2018
Manager of Donor Services
Great Plains College is seeking a Manager of Donor Services to lead and advance college fundraising through strategic initiative, gift solicitation, grant and proposal wrtiting, stewardship and recognition of donors. This position include responsibility for all activities related to prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual, major and planned gifts from alumni, friends, business and foundations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Development, specific duties include:
- Establish annually, in collaboration with the Director, goals and targets for calls, personal visitis and annual giving outcomes.
- Establish, implement and monitor initiatives to enhance stewardship, annual, major and planned giving.
- Identify, solicit and cultivate new sources of funding including grants and private, public and corporate/foundation sources.
- Develop and implement a development plan.
- Support the college's initiatives for greater visibility.
- Prepare, analyze and report to government agencies, as required.
- Build collaborative relationships throught the institution to support advancement and fundraising initiatives.
- Support regional staff in the execution of sponsorship solicitation activities.
- Engage alumni in college advancement initiative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Effecdtive written, listening and oral communcation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of institutional advancement, development and philanthropy principles.
- Skills in donor cultivation and colicitation
- Ability to effectively build and steward donor relationships.
- It would be an asset for candidates to have:
Fundraising experience in an educational setting
Familiarity with Canada Revenue Agency regulations
- The candidate must have a four-year university defree in a related field.
- A combination of education, experience and a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certfication or other professional fundraising certfication may be considered.
- The candidate should have a minimum of three years of fundraising experience with a proven track record of building donor relationships and successfully closing gifts.
- Experience in working inn a post-secondary environment is an asset.
Please send your application to:
Great Plains College