2017 Chamberlain Scholarship Application - Now Closed
AFP Saskatoon Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the International Conference on Fundraising. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The AFP Chamberlain Scholarship will cover the registration fee for the AFP 55th International Conference on Fundraising in New Orleans, LA., April 15-17, 2018. The successful applicant or their organization will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation to attend the conference in April 2018. The successful applicant will be notified prior to the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on November 15, 2017 where the Chamberlain Scholarship Award will be presented.
Chapters will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and may be supplemented by criteria set by the local AFP chapter:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee and attend an AFP Saskatoon Chapter meeting to share his/her learning experiences at the Conference.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- The Chamberlain Scholar announcement will be made at the 17th Annual National Philanthropy Day Luncheon. The Scholar will be introduced at the event.
The Saskatoon Chapter invites members and non-members to apply.
Application Deadline has been extended to: Friday, September 22, 2017
E-mail the completed form to:
National Philanthropy Day Committee Awards Chair